Pages

Friday, July 01, 2011

Whenever one door closes, I hope one door opens.

So, this is pretty much my new journal. Just in case you were wondering why the heck I kept up with this guy every day for like the past week and a half or something. It's
a goal of mine, to journal every day. Blog counts, right? Right.

Well anyway, I have been feeling really really happy lately. Life hasn't gotten any easier, in fact, sometimes things feel heavier, but I feel much happier than I usually do.
I think in a way, my trials have made me stronger, thus making me feel on top of the world. Also, finding that faith in Heavenly Father's plan does pay off after all feels pretty dang stupendous.
I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father for leading me through these days, whether they be happy, rejoiceful, fun, mediocre, sad, lonely, hectic, frustrating, or just plain old bad.

One of my favorite quotes of all time has helped me to rely on his leading:

"When you get to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught to fly."
~Edward Teller

I feel lucky enough to say that God is giving me solid things.

He has given me:

An end goal, an "X marks the spot".


The perfect example, His son.


A road map {and a good one, at that!}


And lots of supporters.

a wonderful bishop,


loving leaders, and

Loyal friends.


It'll be good times when I grow all up and He teaches me to fly.

{I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack}


1 comment:

  1. This was a beautiful and inspired post and it was definately what I needed to hear. :) You are so wonderful and I'm lucky to be able to have you as a friend and a princess sister! :) You're the best, and dude... can you believe that we finally get to go to school together again?!?!?!! :D It is oh so wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete