Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

eet mor chikin.

So, to keep you updated...
Life has been a little busy. I've been applying to jobs. Last week I actually got 3 interviews with Chick-Fil-A! I was absolutely thrilled! I really like the atmosphere of the place, and the manager is a really nice guy! They told me they'd call me back that weekend.
And so Friday afternoon I called to ask if they were making a decision, and they said they'd know the next week. Fair enough. So I waited all this week. On Thursday, I called again and asked if they knew yet. And they said, "I WILL call you back in the next 24 hours and tell you!"
Fair enough again. I waited 24 hours. Within that 24 hours I sang the national anthem at a Diamondbacks-Giants game in a 1200 person choir. No big deal. Anyway, I had my phone cradled in my hands the whole time, just waiting for Chick-Fil-A's number to pop up on my phone.
No phone call. Great. Now I have to be annoying.
So I called back today. The guy knew who it was when I called. That's how annoying I was. I was sure they would hire me just to get me off their back. So the guy checked the list, and...
No. They gave me 3 interviews and they didn't even want me.
Chumps.
So Forever 21 just so happened to be within 100 feet of me when I received this sad news, so you can only imagine what happened next.
18 dollas, a pair of jeggings, and a slub t-shirt later, I felt quite a bit better. :)
Back to the drawing board. I think I'll apply at some clothing stores. Maybe a couple yogurt places. Yum. How about Target? Ooh, good idea.

P.S. You were wondering about that whole 1200 person choir Diamondbacks-Giants thing weren't you?? Well, it was kind of fun. We just sand the National Anthem before the game. If you watched it, I'm not gonna lie you probably didn't see me. It really was 1200 people.

Here's me and my friends Jadyn and Rania on the field beforehand.

Yup, a good time indeed.

P.P.S. So my not-so-little brother Keaton went in to the doctor yesterday to get a sprained ankle checked out. Well, it turns out this sprained ankle was a blessing in disguise, because when they took the x-rays, they also discovered a decent (why am i saying decent, it was terrible) sized tumor in Keaton's bone. It has eaten 70% of the bone in his lower leg near his ankle. The good news is that it doesn't look like it is cancerous. And we're glad we caught it, because it could have snapped his bone in two if we hadn't. He has to have surgery done to remove it and fill in the bone, and after that things should be fine, but if you could keep my little buddy in your prayers, that would mean the world to me. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! :( About the job AND the tumor! ...so I'm assuming his days of shifting are over?

    ReplyDelete