Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Deeeeep breaaaathhhhsssss....

Writing is therapeutic for me. I have realized this.

Throughout my day, a thousand thoughts zip through my head.
When I write, I am spewing out a part of my mind. This quite literally relieves pressure in my head, quite literally calming headaches for me, headaches that are probably caused by a mind clogged with observations, ideas, worries, jokes, movie quotes, and whatever else is up there.
Therefore, I am going to start journaling regularly. If I journal something I feel is worth blogging, I will. Which hopefully means I will be on here much more often than lately.

Today, in my third hour English 102 class, I was frantically typing a research paper comparing poverty in the United States to poverty worldwide. I was panicking because this paper is due tomorrow, and I had only skimmed the surface of this paper. By the end of the hour, I had four out of the required 7 to 10 pages done. I felt quite accomplished, and deciding that I must be having some sort of Jimmy Neutron-esque brain blast, I thought I'd continue working on the paper the next hour (lunch hour) in my mom's classroom. So I clicked SAVE, logged out, and merrily walked to my mom's classroom.

When I got there, I logged back in, and opened the file "Poverty US and World".
I was distraught to see that the 1 1/2 pages I had started with that morning was all that was left. I had saved the rest to the computer that was downstairs and across campus. I huffed and puffed over there to see if I could email the full-length document to myself, but it was nowhere to be found! All that work I had done in third hour, lost in an abyss forever!

On top of this, I have a monsterous test in beauty school tomorrow.
"Pshhaah. Beauty school? Monsterous? Please..." you say.
Oh dude. You have no idea. I would rather take an AP test than the cursed "Cosmetology School Board Test".
Well, maybe. They are probably parallel in scariness and whatnot.
Shiver...

Anyway, wish me luck. I could only stay for a moment, for now I must get back to my dang-stinking essay.
All will be well. After tomorrow, it will be Thursday, and I think Thursday is my favorite day of the week. Then, on Friday, it will be senior ditch day, and then I will have a sleepover with my bestie-friend Jadyn Maree, before we go to the zoo and prom with our dates! Yes, we are totes dateable. Don't forget it.

Peace and blessings, PEACE and BLESSINGS.
Emily Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment