Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I do remember the swing in your step.

Day Two of the family reunion:


The next day, we went down to Woodruff and met up with my Aunt Jerianne and Uncle Ren, my great-uncle Jerry, and some cousins. We all went on a walk around the area and pretended we were cool.
Then we went to my great-uncle Benny's house. We discovered that he kind of has the best backyard of all mankind. It had a teeter totter, a swing set, a big silver slide, a trampoline, lots of lush grass, an outdoor kitchen, and a little stream running through it. All of us cousins had a ball.

See that little redhead guy there? That's my cousin Tanner. I have a little crush on him. ;) You would too if you were me.
Then when we got bored (you know, hours later) we shimmied on down to the playground that my mom and my aunts and uncles played at when they were little. It was quite a bit more run down than before, but it had a merry go round thing and some teeter totters, so we were content.
The rest of the day consisted of porch swinging, trailer rides, sunburns, and hot dogs. It was the most tiring day of the weekend.
{Last Kiss by Taylor Swift}

No comments:

Post a Comment