Pages

Saturday, June 09, 2012

My bedroom.

So I'm getting ready to redo/redecorate my bedroom, because well, it doesn't really have a look to it, really, at all. I don't know what I was going for originally, seriously. Nothing matches, I really don't have good organization, and my dresser is totally broken. And my closet has no system. I seriously got the lamest closet. It has one shelf way up high that goes across it, and one big long pole underneath that for the hangers and stuff. I know that's kind of a standard closet, but it's just small, and I wish there were more shelves and the space was more efficient. Anyway, I just went on a closet rant. Point is, I've never really been satisfied with the way my bedroom looks. It's cluttered, mismatched (and not in a cute mismatched way), and it's kind of little kiddish. It just doesn't work for me. So I brainstormed some ideas, and when I told my mom the theme (I know, I'm weird because I do themes...) I wanted to do, she kind of did a facepalm.
I told her I wanted to have a cozy, soft, grandma kind of feel in there. There is nothing better than stepping into old people's houses. There are crocheted blankies, vintage pillows, embroired  quotes about what really matters in life, fake flowers in ceramic vases, china sets displayed in cases, yummy food smells. And there's always either a puzzle or a game of cards somewhere on the table. They always have pictures of their grandkids or other people they love, quirky knick-knacks on a shelf up high, and it just feels nice. I want my room to be like that. Here's some of my inspiration:
Also, grandma stuff is in thrift stores. And thrift stores rock because they are cheap. And I am all about cheap.

 Stillll job hunting! Anyone know more than I do about what's hiring out there?
Awesome. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment