Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wowee wow wow.

I feel a little bit silly for it, but I am weeping tears down my cheeks! Good gracious.
Tonight was my last night in young womens. For a lot of girls, this is quite uneventful, or even a relief. It means they don't have to go to hour and a half long activities on Tuesday nights anymore. It means they can go to the singles ward. It does not mean that for me. There is no way I'm going to singles ward, and I may just instinctively accidentally drive myself over to mutual on Tuesday nights. I don't know if there was a point of maturity I was supposed to hit where I was supposed to be ready to get out of young womens, but I never hit it. Those people are my family, and I just feel like I'm going to be missing out on everything.




I feel like a broken record for saying it so much, but San Tan Valley has some incredibly strong, positive, loving, compassionate members of the church. And some rock star young women. They are top-notch.



I have honestly never felt so loved by such a group of people. The camaradere (I don't know how to spell that...) is awesome in our group of young women. These girls will reach out to anyone, no matter how quiet, shy, annoying, or just plain strange they are. They have the amazing maturity at a young age to see each other as their Heavenly Father sees them. They put their arms around each other. It is really actually touching to see. (Gosh dang it I'm crying again...)





And our leaders... Oh, the incredible women who lead us and taught us and took care of us!! Sis. Atkin taught me to take a good hard look at people and think about how much their Father in Heaven loves them. I will seriously NEVER forget that. And Sis. Crandell inspired me to want to go on a mission. Some of these women have influenced me SO SO much more than they even know!

And then they HAD to go and give me a cute present to purposely make me cry in front of everyone tonight! What the heck??
Haha. Just kidding. I loved it. They are sweet as candy (no pun intended. really.)
I'm just saying,
NOT bragging or ANYTHING.
But my young women experience was way more amazing than yours.
It has shaped me, and I will really, really, really miss it.

I'm going to go get another tissue.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha, my Young Womens group didn't even say goodbye to me! They forgot about my birthday and I think they're still a little bit confused that I'm going to Relief Society now. :)
    You are so cute Mimi, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete